By using the Silicon Beats website, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
1. All sounds available from Silicon Beats are licensed, not sold, to you by Silicon Beats. Silicon Beats is either the owner or master licensor of the Sounds. The payment you make to download the sounds gives you the non-exclusive right to incorporate these sounds in any audiovisual production, website, video game, or other media production, without paying any additional royalties, license fees, or any other fees to Silicon Beats or third parties.
2. You may not distribute, sell, rent, lease, sub-license, assign, or otherwise transfer any of the sounds except as incorporated in a production. You may not distribute the sounds in native format or in any format which could be construed as competitive. This license expressly forbids resale, re-licensing or other distribution of these sounds, either as they exist, or any modification thereof. You cannot sell, loan, rent, lease, assign or transfer all or any of the enclosed sounds to another user, or for use in any competitive product.
3. You will not disclose access codes or passwords used in accessing any area of the Silicon Beats website to any other party and will maintain such codes or words as confidential. You will exercise due diligence and maintain strict safeguards on all sounds received by you from Silicon Beats to prevent unauthorized use or distribution thereof. Silicon Beats reserves the right to remove any usernames and/or passwords and ban, without notice or refund , any users posting Silicon Beats’ sounds, download keys, passwords or links, to any newsgroups, message boards, websites or forums. If You become aware of any unauthorized use or distribution of the sounds, You shall immediately notify Silicon Beats through our contact form.
4. You will indemnify, save, hold harmless and defend Silicon Beats from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, damages, liabilities and all reasonable expenses, including attorneys’ fees, against or suffered by Silicon Beats with respect to any matter that arises as a result of a breach of this agreement by you.
5. Injunctive Relief. You acknowledge that Silicon Beats has a proprietary interest in the Sounds contained within this web site and that any use by you that intends to frustrate the purpose of this agreement, including but not limited to selling, renting, or otherwise distributing the sounds would cause irreparable injury to Silicon Beats in a way that could not be adequately compensated by damages. You agree that, in the event of such improper use, Silicon Beats shall be entitled to an immediate injunction without the requirement of posting a bond.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties. Silicon Beats expressly disclaims all warranties of conditions of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, the implied warranty of title, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
7. Limitation of Liability. You agree that Silicon Beats’ cumulative liability with respect to any claims made in relation to or arising out of this agreement on any theory or basis will not exceed the purchase fee paid by you to Silicon Beats.
8. Silicon Beats reserves the right to amend site/CD content & prices without notice.
9. Due to software piracy, defective Silicon Beats CD’s will not be refunded. You will be issued with a replacement disc on return of the faulty item.
10. You accept that on occasion Silicon Beats will email you information regarding our services and any related product information on the subject of loops and samples. Silicon Beats Will not disclose your email address to any companies outside of our organization.
11. You are NOT permitted to include our sound files in website/multimedia templates that are sold or given away freely by such organizations as www.templatemonster.com this is regarded as reselling our material in a ”stock” format and is not acceptable unless you have negotiated a custom license agreement with our licensing department. This type of specialist agreement can be obtained by contacting us directly.
12. Credits – As a member of our site you are not required to pay any additional licenses or royalties in order to be able to use our samples in your own musical recordings, however we must insist that you credit us in your product literature. This helps spread the word about our services and helps our survival. A simple example of a typical credit would be “Sitar and double bass samples used in track five courtesy of www.siliconbeats.com.
13. Visualization – You understand and accept that the box designs displayed within the catalog are purely for illustration purposes. These are not actual boxes. The product you are purchasing is a none tangible download unless otherwise stated.
REFUNDS ARE ONLY GIVEN AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MANAGEMENT.
Copyright 2002-20011 Silicon Beats
All rights reserved.